Staged Monologues & 5-10 minute shorts. Auditions held August 11, 2018 11am-2pm and August 14, 2018 6pm-9pm. No appointment necessary. Be prepared to present a monologue between 1 – 2 minutes in length.
As our company is in residence at the Jewell Boxx, Culpeper’s newest performance arts space, we will be presenting at the Grand Opening evening event on September 29, 2018. Auditions for the staged monologues and 5-10 minute shorts being performed at this event. Audition your monologue Aug 11, 11am-2pm or Aug 14, 6-9pm. Monologues should be 1 – 2 minutes in length. We are looking to present 2-4 monologues and 2-3 shorts – up to 12 actors. Rehearsals will be held based on availability through August and September, with required rehearsals on evenings of Sept 26, 27, 28.
Sylvia, by A.R. Gurney. Auditions held August 21 & 23 6:30-8:30pm. Callbacks on 25th if necessary. Read sides from the script. (Those auditioning for Sylvia will have a movement audition, so please wear appropriate clothing and footwear). Monologues encouraged but not required.
The StageWorks Theatre Company will launch it’s 2018 Mainstage season with Sylvia, by A.R. Gurney. Auditions will be held August 21 and 23, 6:30-8:30pm. Eight performances to be held November 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10. Rehearsals will begin September 23.
- Sylvia: Female – 18-30, street-smart stray dog found by Greg in a city park; athletic, physical and emotional energy, expressive.
- Greg: Male 40-55, married to Kate, unfulfilled financial trader looking for more from his current existence, compassionate, curious.
- Kate: Female 40-55, Greg’s wife of 20ish years, public school English teacher, is somewhat engrossed in her career, not interested in rivaling Sylvia for Greg’s attention or affections, no-nonsense.
- Other Characters can be 1 to 3 actors. If 1 actor prefer male.
- Phyllis 40-60, city friend of Kate’s, a bit of the Upper East Side attitude.
- Leslie 40-60 marriage counselor, somewhat ambiguous.
- Tom 40-60 friend from the park, more new-age or slightly hippie-ish.
Always looking for participants!! Sign up for Sylvia audition Here
In addition to actors we are looking for production teams: stage managers, run crew, costumers, property managers, set construction and dressers, hair & make-up and technicians. Please come to the audition and visit with us, or email CC to get more information and place your name on our resource list. No experience required, all levels of expertise appreciated, any persons over 17 welcome.
If you have any questions please contact Christine Corrieri, Artistic Director via email firstname.lastname@example.org.